Digital TV News: RomTelecom
Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
Sep 15, 2014 – Telekom Romania (formerly Romtelecom) has announced the rollout starting from October of a new IPTV solution, with Zenterio OS – Zenterio’s software platform – as a key component.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Robin Rutili, Mathias Hanel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
OTE TV up 69.1% Y-o-Y in Greece
Aug 7, 2014 – OTE (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results to end-June, 2014. At the end of the quarter, OTE TV subscribers amounted to 296k, an increase of 69% year-on-year. Romtelecom TV subscribers rose by 6.8% compared to Q2’13.
News categories: OTE TV, Romtelecom, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE (OTE TV and RomTelecom) results to end-June 2013
Aug 8, 2013 – OTE Group (ASE:HTO; OTC MARKET:HLTOY) has announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. In Greece, total TV subscribers amounted to 175k, an increase of 99k year-on-year. In Romania, Romtelecom TV subscribers grew 7.3% over the year, to reach nearly 1.3 million.
News categories: OTE TV, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Next Generation IPTV and Multi-Screen Platform for Chunghwa Telecom
Mar 19, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solutions have been selected for the IPTV and multi-screen upgrade at Taiwan's largest telecom operator, Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT).
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Ericsson, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Video Exchange
RomTelecom Powers On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
May 17, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that RomTelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has now surpassed 35,000 IPTV subscribers with access to on-demand TV services powered by Espial MediaBase. These include timeshift-TV and video-on-demand services.
News categories: Espial, RomTelecom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Subscribers
Romtelecom to take over customers and assets of AKTA Satelit
Mar 29, 2011 – Romtelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has signed a contract with Digital Cable Systems (DCS) for the takeover of the assets and the customer base of DCS' AKTA Satelit satellite TV service.
News categories: Romtelecom, AKTA, MnA, Romania, Satellite
Amino secures set-top box contract with Romtelecom
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L) has secured a new contract to provide set-top boxes (STB) to Romtelecom, one of the most important telecom operators in Romania and leader in the fixed communications market.
News categories: Amino, Romtelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Set Top Box
Amino Technologies Period-end Trading Update
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L), the UK-based leader in digital entertainment solutions for IPTV, Internet TV and in-home multimedia distribution, has provided an update for the half-year ended 31 May 2010.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box
OTE Conn-x IPTV at 16k subscribers and RomTelecom DTH at 880k at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 – The OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. As of December 2009, OTE's Conn-x IPTV service had attracted more than 16,000 subscribers. RomTelecom direct-to-home TV subscribers reached 880,000.
News categories: OTE Group, RomTelecom, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification