Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
Entropic Selected for DIRECTV Home Networking Deployments
Jan 25, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its silicon has been selected by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) for integration into set-top boxes (STB) that deliver coax-based networking capabilities such as multi-room viewing.
News categories: Entropic Communications, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV and RealD Work Together to Deliver 3D Content to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and RealD are currently working together to deliver high-definition 3D movies and TV programming via satellite to DIRECTV subscribers. The delivery of RealD Format content works with existing HD set-top boxes.
News categories: RealD, DIRECTV, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, VR
DIRECTV Extends Partnership with NDS
Dec 5, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has signed an agreement with DIRECTV to extend the term of their relationship. NDS has been contracted to continue to provide conditional access technology and services to DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America until June 2013.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Intellon to Provide HomePlug®1.0 with Turbo Solution for Broadband Connectivity for DIRECTV On Demand Service
Aug 27, 2007 – Intellon Corporation has announced that its HomePlug 1.0 with Turbo powerline communications IC will provide No New Wires® connectivity for DIRECTV's video on demand service that is scheduled to launch this fall.
News categories: Intellon, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic