Digital TV News: Ron Sanders
Warner Bros announces first Ultra HD Blu-ray titles
Dec 29, 2015 – To coincide with the availability of Ultra HD Blu-ray players in the marketplace in early 2016, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be offering four titles on Ultra HD Blu-ray at initial launch showcasing 4K Ultra HD resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: Warner Bros, Ron Sanders, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
Alliance formed to establish standards for UHD content and devices
Jan 5, 2015 – Hollywood studios, CE brands, content distributors, post-production and technology companies have together announced the launch of the UHD Alliance – a coalition of companies aiming to establish standards to support innovation in video technologies.
News categories: Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros, Hyunsuk Kim, Mike Dunn, Ron Sanders, CES2020, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, OTT
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2020, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG Releases Third Quarter U.S. Home Entertainment Results
Oct 19, 2009 – DEG has released third quarter U.S. sales figures for the home entertainment industry. Blu-ray Disc software sales continue to show dramatic growth with overall sales up 83 percent for the year and playback devices in 11.7 million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
- Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine