Digital TV News: Rovi Corp
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
TiVo signs metadata deal with Minerva Networks
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Minerva Networks has signed an IP license renewal and metadata deal to use TiVo as the primary metadata provider for their new cloud service delivery platform, Minerva YourTV Now.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Minerva Networks, Arvin Patel, Sarah Gaeta, Big Data, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TiVo signs IP license deal with Roku
Apr 12, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has signed an IP license agreement with Roku. Additionally, the deal includes an option for Roku to access TiVo’s entertainment metadata and other TiVo products.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Roku, Samir Armaly, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KDDI adopts Rovi G-Guide HTML for Android TV box
Jun 23, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that KDDI has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to enable entertainment discovery on its new Android TV based IPTV set-top box (STB). This is the first product to adopt Rovi G-Guide HTML for IPTV.
News categories: Rovi Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
Rovi and Revista Eletrônica to provide metadata for Brazil
Jun 15, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that it has formed a strategic alliance with Brazilian metadata provider, Revista Eletrônica, to offer an advanced metadata solution targeted at pay-TV and entertainment content providers.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Revista Eletrônica, Kathy Weidman, Carlos Lorenz, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Rovi G-Guide powers Sharp AQUOS TVs
Mar 22, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that its Rovi G-Guide will power entertainment discovery on Sharp’s new models of its popular AQUOS TVs available later this month in Japan
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sharp Corp, Michael Hawkey, Akihiro Munatoshi, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Smart TV, UX
Rovi and Intellectual Ventures create OTT patent licensing program
Feb 1, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Intellectual Ventures (IV) have announced that the companies are collaborating to bring together their patent portfolios under a unified licensing program focused on over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Intellectual Ventures, Samir Armaly, Cory Van Arsdale, Licensing, OTT, Patent, UX, Worldwide
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019