Digital TV News: S&P Global
U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Kagan, a TMT research group within S&P Global Market Intelligence, estimates that traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. fell by nearly 1.9 million in the three months ended Sept. 30, a 25% spike from the previous largest drop in the second quarter of 2019.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. virtual multichannel growth slows in 1Q 2019
May 24, 2019 – According to Kagan, virtual multichannel subscriber growth in the U.S. slowed in the first-quarter 2019, increasing 5.8% from the end of 2018. This compares to an 11.8% compound quarterly growth rate between fourth-quarter 2017 and fourth-quarter 2018.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Mirada Iris launches at Digital TV Cable in Bolivia
Apr 2, 2019 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Iris multiscreen solution under the previously announced contract with Bolivian operator Digital TV Cable Edmund. The launch will allow subscribers to watch live and on-demand content across all devices.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV Cable Edmund, José Luis Vázquez, Edmund Daher, Apps, Bolivia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
U.S. multichannel video losses nearly 4 million in 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. cable, satellite and telecom multichannel sectors lost nearly 1.1 million subscriptions in the fourth quarter, which pushed the full-year decline to 4 million. DBS services accounted for more than half of the annual loss.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Global multichannel market up 3.1% in 2018 as IPTV subscriptions overtake DTH
Feb 12, 2019 – In 2018, IPTV overtook direct-to-home (DTH) as the second-largest multichannel platform in the world by subscribers after cable TV, accounting for 23.4% of the total market of 1.07 billion households, according to Kagan.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. 2018 TV and radio M&A deal volume highest since 2008
Jan 3, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadcast station mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume reached $4.31 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018. 2018 closed with an $8.87 billion deal volume, representing an increase of 8% over 2017.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, MnA, USA
Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
Dec 13, 2018 – Research by Parrot Analytics and Kagan shows support for one of Netflix's most important strategic goals. According to the report, demand for Netflix Originals is estimated to overtake the share of demand for licensed titles by October 2019.
News categories: S&P Global, Parrot Analytics, Deana Myers, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. multichannel sectors lost 1.2 million video subscribers in Q3
Nov 13, 2018 – Q3 results for U.S. multichannel video subscriptions cut short a brief wave of optimism for the sector, according to Kagan. Accelerating losses in satellite and weakening net adds from Sling TV and DirecTV Now drove the overall decline.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
- Comscore to measure The Cowboy Channel and RFD-TV audiences
- MRI-Simmons and FourthWall Media partner to provide custom TV audiences
- EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology