Digital TV News: Síminn
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
Iceland's Síminn announces OTT multiscreen service with Broadpeak CDN and streaming
Sep 24, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications provider Síminn has chosen Broadpeak solutions to power a new OTT multiscreen service offering. The new OTT multiscreen service is expected to launch later this year.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 – AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Iceland's Síminn selects Alcatel-Lucent as GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier
Oct 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Síminn, Iceland's market leader in telecommunication, as its GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier. Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable Síminn to deliver advanced broadband services such as high-definition television (HDTV), IPTV, video on demand (VoD) and high-speed Internet.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Síminn, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Iceland, IPTV
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020