Digital TV News: SADC
Malawi launches digital television
May 3, 2016 – Malawi's Minister of Information, Communications Technology and Civic Education has launched Malawi Digital Television in the city of Mzuzu. Malawi's 'Kiliye Kiliye' digital decoder was unveiled during the event.
News categories: MACRA, Mervis Mangulenje, Digital TV, Malawi, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Botswana to go with SBTVD for DTT
Feb 28, 2013 – According to André Barbosa of Brazil's Empresa Brasil de Comunicação (EBC), Botswana has decided to adopt the Brazilian version of the Japanese ISDB-T terrestrial broadcasting standard known as SBTVD.
News categories: Empresa Brasil de Comunicação, Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Mozambique adopts DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial broadcasting
Jan 19, 2011 – The Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique (INCM) has announced that the country will adopt DVB-T2 for its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Installation of infrastructure should begin this year.
News categories: INCM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mozambique, Terrestrial
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers