Digital TV News: SADC
Malawi launches digital television
May 3, 2016 – Malawi's Minister of Information, Communications Technology and Civic Education has launched Malawi Digital Television in the city of Mzuzu. Malawi's 'Kiliye Kiliye' digital decoder was unveiled during the event.
News categories: MACRA, Mervis Mangulenje, Digital TV, Malawi, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Botswana to go with SBTVD for DTT
Feb 28, 2013 – According to André Barbosa of Brazil's Empresa Brasil de Comunicação (EBC), Botswana has decided to adopt the Brazilian version of the Japanese ISDB-T terrestrial broadcasting standard known as SBTVD.
News categories: Empresa Brasil de Comunicação, Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Mozambique adopts DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial broadcasting
Jan 19, 2011 – The Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique (INCM) has announced that the country will adopt DVB-T2 for its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Installation of infrastructure should begin this year.
News categories: INCM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mozambique, Terrestrial
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0