Digital TV News: SADC
Malawi launches digital television
May 3, 2016 – Malawi's Minister of Information, Communications Technology and Civic Education has launched Malawi Digital Television in the city of Mzuzu. Malawi's 'Kiliye Kiliye' digital decoder was unveiled during the event.
News categories: MACRA, Mervis Mangulenje, Digital TV, Malawi, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Botswana to go with SBTVD for DTT
Feb 28, 2013 – According to André Barbosa of Brazil's Empresa Brasil de Comunicação (EBC), Botswana has decided to adopt the Brazilian version of the Japanese ISDB-T terrestrial broadcasting standard known as SBTVD.
News categories: Empresa Brasil de Comunicação, Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Mozambique adopts DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial broadcasting
Jan 19, 2011 – The Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique (INCM) has announced that the country will adopt DVB-T2 for its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Installation of infrastructure should begin this year.
News categories: INCM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mozambique, Terrestrial
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers