Digital TV News: SADC
Malawi launches digital television
May 3, 2016 – Malawi's Minister of Information, Communications Technology and Civic Education has launched Malawi Digital Television in the city of Mzuzu. Malawi's 'Kiliye Kiliye' digital decoder was unveiled during the event.
News categories: MACRA, Mervis Mangulenje, Digital TV, Malawi, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi to carry out ISDB-T DTT broadcast testing in Mozambique
Mar 1, 2013 – In order to contribute to the spread of the Japanese digital terrestrial television broadcast system, ISDB-T, Hitachi Kokusai Electric (TSE: 6756) will conduct demonstration testing using digital transmitters in the Republic of Mozambique from this March.
News categories: Hitachi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mozambique, Terrestrial
Botswana to go with SBTVD for DTT
Feb 28, 2013 – According to André Barbosa of Brazil's Empresa Brasil de Comunicação (EBC), Botswana has decided to adopt the Brazilian version of the Japanese ISDB-T terrestrial broadcasting standard known as SBTVD.
News categories: Empresa Brasil de Comunicação, Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Mozambique adopts DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial broadcasting
Jan 19, 2011 – The Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique (INCM) has announced that the country will adopt DVB-T2 for its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Installation of infrastructure should begin this year.
News categories: INCM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mozambique, Terrestrial
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box