Digital TV News: SCTE•ISBE
SCTE•ISBE voting to combine forces with CableLabs
Nov 9, 2020 – Members of the SCTE•ISBE will be voting to combine forces with CableLabs, streamlining the cable industry’s technology-based associations by uniting its two largest engineering organizations into one.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE•ISBE, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 to take place virtually
Jun 9, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will take place virtually Oct. 12-16, marking the first all-digital presentation of the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas since its inception in 1983.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable-Tec Expo, Tom Adams, Tony Werner, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
May 27, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE has received official notification that Governor Polis’ executive order designating the Colorado Convention Center as a temporary medical facility has been extended through the remainder of the year.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Conway Corp selects Vecima for IP video delivery
Sep 30, 2019 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that Conway Corporation has selected Vecima to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Moving from QAM to IP delivery systems, Conway Corp will be able to introduce new services to subscribers on any screen.
News categories: Vecima, Conway Corp, Clay McCreery, Jason Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia