Digital TV News: SES S.A
Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E
Jul 9, 2019 – SES and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), and the Ethiopian Broadcasting Cooperation (EBC) have signed an agreement that will result in the creation of a dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood on SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Belete Esubalew Gemberie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
SES offers FTA platform for Brazil on SES-10
Jun 27, 2019 – TV viewers in Brazil can now receive channels via a free-to-air platform on SES-10 at 67°W. Broadcasters are able to send their content to SES’s teleport in Hortolândia and uplink to the satellite’s Ku-band capacity for transmission.
News categories: SES S.A, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
Jun 19, 2019 – Pay TV operators, content owners and broadcasters can now deliver video content across Latin America on a platform developed by Sersat. The C-band platform is hosted on SES-14 at SES’s new video position for the Americas of 47.5 degrees West.
News categories: SES S.A, Sersat, Jurandir Pitsch, Verónica Martinez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Ivory Coast’s SIDT partners with SES for digital switchover
May 28, 2019 – Ivory Coast’s public broadcasting company, the Société Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion (SIDT), has selected SES as its digital partner in a major move to meet the country’s 2020 deadline for switching over from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SES S.A, SIDT, Clint Brown, Yeo Adama, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Satellite
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
SES reach grows to 355 million homes worldwide
Apr 2, 2019 – SES has strengthened its position as the world’s leading video distributor via satellite as the number of TV households it serves increased by more than 4 million in 2018. SES’s technical reach grew in Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
Mar 13, 2019 – Viewers in the Republic of Benin are now receiving 15 new FTA channels from satellite, thanks to an agreement that Benin has signed with SES. A number of HD channels will be broadcast - the first HD channels to be available over DTT in Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Darius Quenum, Benin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019