Digital TV News: SES SIRIUS
SES ASTRA Boosts Household Reach in the Ukraine
Apr 21, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has significantly increased its reach in the Ukraine. SES ASTRA gained 1.8 million households in 2008, reaching almost all (2.2 million) of the 2.3 million digital satellite homes in the country.
News categories: SES ASTRA, SIRIUS, Cable TV, Market Research, NABShow, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
SES ASTRA starts new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East
Apr 29, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced the start of a new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East to support the development of the Eastern European and Middle East markets.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ORF Starts HDTV Channel on ASTRA
Apr 17, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), has announced the launch of ORF HD on ASTRA. The new channel will start broadcasting first of May and offer the complete program of ORF1 in HD format.
News categories: SES ASTRA, ORF, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite
Satellite Leads European Digitalisation
Mar 18, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced that according to its most recent annual reach study 83 per cent of the satellite TV households in Europe and North Africa are digitalized.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Africa, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Satellite, Spain, UK
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024