Digital TV News: SFR
NTT develops world’s first real–time 4K HFR HEVC codec
Apr 5, 2018 – NTT has developed a real–time 4K HEVC codec which enables live transmission of high frame rate (HFR) video. HFR enhances video smoothness and sharpness by doubling the standard frame rate (SFR) from 50/60p to 100/120p.
News categories: NTT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Worldwide
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
Nov 23, 2017 – Every day in France 4.9 million individuals aged 4 and over watch TV programmes live or as catch up on internet screens. Last year, they were 3.9 million, according to the previous edition of Médiamétrie’s Global TV survey.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
Nov 22, 2017 – In France in 2017, 1 in 5 internet users aged 6 years and over used an SVOD service, compared to 15% in 2016, an increase of 40%. They were a little more than 1 in 10 in 2015. This growth is essentially driven by Netflix, which is ahead of two major French players: CanalPlayand SFR Play.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
Sep 17, 2017 – Vewd (formerly Opera TV) has announced a partnership with Wiztivi that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework.
News categories: Wiztivi, Vewd, Manuel Dujardin, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Altice platforms to offer Netflix in France, Portugal, Israel and the Dominican Republic
Jun 12, 2017 – Altice (ATC, ATCB) has announced a partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Altice customers into all eligible devices in France, Portugal, Israel and Dominican Republic.
News categories: Altice, Netflix, Michel Combes, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, Israel, Mobile, OTT, Portugal
Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
May 23, 2017 – Altice has announces its new global and multi-local branding strategy: The transformation from a holding company with a collection of different assets and brands around the world, to the establishment of one unified global group with one single brand – Altice.
News categories: Altice, Michel Combes, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MnA
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software