Digital TV News: SH Cho
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
Alphonso and PlaceIQ enable location-based TV planning, measurement, and attribution
May 7, 2019 – Alphonso and PlaceIQ have announced a partnership combining Alphonso's large-scale TV viewership data with PlaceIQ's location data, to enable location-aware TV planning, measurement, and closed-loop TV-to-visitation attribution.
News categories: Alphonso, PlaceIQ, Ashish Chordia, Nadya Kohl, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
Dec 17, 2018 – Alphonso has introduced Alphonso Local, a suite of TV audience extension and ad analytics software and services for local broadcasters and station groups. Alphonso Local consists of three core offerings: local TV-to-digital retargeting; local TV ad insights; and closed-loop attribution.
News categories: Alphonso, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Alphonso raises capital to scale TV data cloud services
Jun 5, 2017 – TV data company Alphonso has announced that it has secured $5.6 million in equity financing led by Manifest Investment Partners. The company will use the investment to expand distribution both in the US and abroad.
News categories: Alphonso, Manifest Investment Partners, Ashish Chordia, Paul Falzone, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Alphonso introduces always-on TV data solution
Apr 3, 2017 – Alphonso has introduced Alphonso Insights, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering that enables brands and agencies to conduct real-time analysis of TV content and ad consumption at a granular level and obtain closed loop attribution on TV media spend.
News categories: Alphonso, Fiat, Ashish Chordia, Casey Hurbis, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
MTNL launches 3G mobile TV in India with Alcatel-Lucent and Aksh Optifibre
Apr 22, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), in collaboration with Aksh Optifibre, has announced that it has enabled the commercial launch of MTNL's 3G-driven mobile TV services in the metro cities of Delhi and Mumbai.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Aksh Optifibre, MTNL, 5G, Content Distribution, India, Mobile
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos