Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom partner for 5G
Jun 25, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Deutsche Telekom have agreed to establish a joint venture to develop 5G technologies, including a 5G repeater and a 5G in-building solution, as well as a Multipath UDP solution to manage access and MPEG Media Transport (MMT) technology for low latency media streaming
News categories: SK Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Park Jung-ho, Timotheus Höttges, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Korea
SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
Jun 18, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung Electronics, respectively, for joint research and development in advanced 5G and 6G mobile network technologies.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Worldwide
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MnA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Smart Home to be an $11.2 billion opportunity for telcos in 2022
Aug 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, communication service providers (CSPs) have been outperformed by aggressive competition and are now at a crucial stage: they must either accelerate their strategies in smart home or risk being relegated as marginal players.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report