Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES2019, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Smart Home to be an $11.2 billion opportunity for telcos in 2022
Aug 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, communication service providers (CSPs) have been outperformed by aggressive competition and are now at a crucial stage: they must either accelerate their strategies in smart home or risk being relegated as marginal players.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to unveil ‘360 VR Live’ at MWC 2017
Feb 20, 2017 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will unveil its '360 VR Live' 360-degree live broadcast platform at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. The platform produces UHD VR through differentiated stitching technology.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, MWC18, VR, Worldwide
5G could herald another wave of TV disruption
Feb 6, 2017 – TV and video delivery is likely to become a core capability of next generation 5G wireless services according to Strategy Analytics. Recent demonstrations have suggested that 5G will support 1Gbps data throughput rates.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Sue Rudd, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8