Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom and Samsung together realise 8K TV powered by 5G
Sep 9, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it has signed an MOU with Samsung to jointly develop and commercialize the world’s first 5G-8K TV. The TV will direct receive 8K video over SK Telecom’s ultra-low latency and ultra-wideband 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Samsung, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom partner for 5G
Jun 25, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Deutsche Telekom have agreed to establish a joint venture to develop 5G technologies, including a 5G repeater and a 5G in-building solution, as well as a Multipath UDP solution to manage access and MPEG Media Transport (MMT) technology for low latency media streaming
News categories: SK Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Park Jung-ho, Timotheus Höttges, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Korea
SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
Jun 18, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung Electronics, respectively, for joint research and development in advanced 5G and 6G mobile network technologies.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Worldwide
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MnA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA