Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Smart Home to be an $11.2 billion opportunity for telcos in 2022
Aug 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, communication service providers (CSPs) have been outperformed by aggressive competition and are now at a crucial stage: they must either accelerate their strategies in smart home or risk being relegated as marginal players.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to unveil ‘360 VR Live’ at MWC 2017
Feb 20, 2017 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will unveil its '360 VR Live' 360-degree live broadcast platform at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. The platform produces UHD VR through differentiated stitching technology.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, MWC19, VR, Worldwide
5G could herald another wave of TV disruption
Feb 6, 2017 – TV and video delivery is likely to become a core capability of next generation 5G wireless services according to Strategy Analytics. Recent demonstrations have suggested that 5G will support 1Gbps data throughput rates.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Sue Rudd, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- 29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
- Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance to debut at NAB Show 2019
- Cablecolor partners with moTV for hybrid TV in Honduras
- Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
- 24i Media acquires StreamOne
- Tencent Video subscriptions up 58% to 89 million at end-2018
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019