Digital TV News: SKY Perfect JSAT
SKY Perfect JSAT chooses CommScope HD set-top box
Sep 11, 2019 – CommScope has been chosen to provide set-tops by SKY Perfect JSAT. SKY Perfect is introducing CommScope’s PT-SH700A HD set-top which features HD Pay TV channels and on-demand services for its SKY PerfecTV! Premium Service subscribers.
News categories: CommScope, SKY Perfect JSAT, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Digital TV, IBC2019, Japan, Satellite, Set Top Box
SKY Perfect JSAT, LINE, and ITOCHU plan next-generation TV proof-of-concept
Jun 27, 2019 – SKY Perfect JSAT, LINE, and ITOCHU have signed an MOU to commercialize a next-generation television that will come equipped with an AI assistant and other new technologies, integrating video services with a variety of lifestyle information services.
News categories: SKY Perfect JSAT, LINE Corp, ITOCHU, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Smart Home
SKY Perfect JSAT upgrades DTH headend with Harmonic
Nov 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that SKY Perfect JSAT (SJC) is upgrading its DTH headend to support HD and UHD delivery using an IP-based video and stream processing solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, SKY Perfect JSAT, Shahar Bar, Shuhei Yamaura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SKY PerfecTV! to begin world’s first 4K HDR broadcast in October
Jul 29, 2016 – SKY Perfect JSAT will commence the world’s first 4K HDR broadcast on October 4, 2016, during timeslots on its dedicated 4K channel 'SKY PerfecTV! 4K Experience' (launched on May 1, 2016).
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Smart TV
SKY Perfect JSAT to demonstrate 4K HDR via JCSAT-3A
Nov 4, 2015 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced plans to transmit 4K HDR videos using its JCSAT-3A satellite. The demonstration will be shown at the International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition (Inter BEE), held November 18–20, 2015 at Makuhari Messe.
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
ViXS powers Toshiba 4K TVs with SKY PerfectTV!
Oct 6, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Toshiba's new line of Ultra HD-4K TVs, powered by the ViXS XCode 6400, will support the new SKY Perfect JSAT UHD 4K broadcast service, which has been operational since June 2014.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Toshiba, SKY Perfect JSAT, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
SKY Perfect JSAT to offer two 4K channels from March 1, 2015
Sep 25, 2014 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced that it will begin broadcasting two new channels, the world's first dedicated 4K channels, on the SKY PerfecTV! Premium Service on Sunday, March 1, 2015.
News categories: SKY Perfect JSAT, NexTV-F, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SSL selected to provide two satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT
Apr 17, 2014 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide two communications satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, SKY Perfect, John Celli, Shinji Takada, Content Distribution, Japan, Satellite
SKY PerfecTV! adds 11,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
Apr 2, 2014 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced the number of subscribers to SKY PerfecTV! as of the end of March 2014. The company finished the quarter with a total of 3.717 million pay TV subscribers, 11 thousand up compared with the end of 2013.
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Japan, Satellite, Subscribers
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'