Digital TV News: SMIT Holdings
CryptoGuard launches Cardless CAM with SMIT
Apr 9, 2019 – SMIT (HKEX: 02239) has announced that they have partnered with CryptoGuard to launch the first CryptoGuard Cardless CAM. Based on SMIT's secure chipset and embedding CI Plus 1.4 and ECP technology, the CAM enables 4K services with Cryptoguard protection.
News categories: CryptoGuard, SMIT Holdings, Kjell Carlswärd, Brenda Bai, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto secures MEDIA BROADCAST's portable USB pay TV device
Sep 2, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by MEDIA BROADCAST as the end-to-end security provider for its new USB device, which will enable live HD content to be viewed on PCs by German customers.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Richard Frankland, Kerstin Köder, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Peripherals / Accessories, Terrestrial
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019