Digital TV News: SMiT Corp
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT integrates CI+ 1.3 CAM with Samsung TVs for DTH in India
Nov 5, 2014 – SMIT and Samsung have announced a collaboration aimed at integrating SMIT's Advanced Security CI+ 1.3 CAM with Samsung IDTV for India's DTH market. SMIT and Samsung developed the solution which fulfills all India DTH sector policies including fingerprinting.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Samsung, CAM, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Smart TV
SMiT and Verimatrix present IPTV solution based on CI+ 1.4 at IBC 2014
Sep 13, 2014 – SMiT and Verimatrix has announced a joint demonstration at IBC 2014. The demonstration is based on the new features of CI+1.4 standard, with IP delivery and multi-streams features being leveraged to extend the IP stream routing.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, Yanrong Li, Petr Peterka, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT develops Dynamic Sentinel Cardless CAM with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 2, 2014 – SMiT has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) to launch a CAM fully integrated with VO's Dynamic Sentinel Cardless solution. SMiT is the first CAM provider to achieve VO certification for Dynamic Sentinel Cardless.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Viaccess-Orca, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Hongyu Shuai, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
Aug 20, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that the company’s Dynamic Sentinel cardless conditional access system (CAS) will be embedded in set-top boxes from Askey Computer and ASTON, as well as conditional access modules from SMiT.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Askey Computer, ASTON, SMiT Corp, Eric Lui, Stephane Nitenberg, Hongyu Shuai, François Moreau de Saint Martin, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SMiT achieves Verimatrix advanced CI+ security certification
Jun 17, 2014 – SMiT has announcedthat it has achieved Verimatrix certification for its avanced cardless CI+ CAM. SMiT is the first CAM manufacturer to achieve the advanced security level of Verimatrix.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, CAM, Digital TV, Russia, Smart TV
Samsung & SMIT launch IDTV+CAM with AVG in Vietnam
May 21, 2014 – An Vien Television (AVG), SMIT and Samsung have announced that they are cooperating to provide an IDTV+CAM solution for Vietnam. The solution consists of Samsung's IDTVs, AVG's HDTV programming and SMiT's CAM.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Samsung, An Vien, Tran Cong So, Brenda Bai, CAM, Smart TV, Vietnam
SMiT, iQIYI and TCL launch DVB+OTT 'Merged Television System'
Mar 18, 2014 – SMiT has announced the joint launch of a 'merged television system' with IQiYi and TCL that integrates internet videos and an interactive watching experience with live high-definition cable programs.
News categories: SMiT Corp, iQIYI, TCL, Hongyu Shuai, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5