Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
Voxtok Music for TV shown on STMicroelectronics' STB platform at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – In order to ease Voxtok Music service support and allow its partners to keep close to the latest HbbTV improvements, Voxtok provides a library for TVs and STBs. This library is available for STMicroelectronics' partners and customers.
News categories: Voxtok, STMicroelectronics, Thibaut Dabonneville, Ismail Allalcha, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear demonstrates satellite UHD reference design with ST and Quantenna at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it will demonstrate a scalable multi-channel satellite UHD set-top box and media server reference design with STMicroelectronics and Quantenna at the IBC 2015 exhibition in Amsterdam.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics bundles Wyplay Frog client software free with STB SoCs
Sep 10, 2015 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced that the Frog Client turnkey solution for connected zappers or PVR will be offered free of charge to OEM members of the Frog Community designing their STB products with ST’s Liege3 SoC family.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Philippe Notton, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics reveals chipset family for HD HEVC entry-level STBs
Sep 9, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has announced its HD HEVC Liege3 family of chipsets for entry Set-Top-Box markets, composed of satellite variants (STiH337/STiH332), cable-market products (STiH372), and IPTV set-top-box devices (STiH307/STiH302).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils first STB SoC with integrated Wi-Fi and HDR support
Sep 8, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its Cannes Wi-Fi (STiH390) System-on-Chip, targeting HD HEVC Wi-Fi IP client and interactive set-top-box markets. ST has joined forces with Quantenna to create the Cannes Wi-Fi (STiH390) SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, Philippe Notton, Lionel Bonnot, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Spectral Edge makes TV content accessible for colour-blind viewers
Sep 8, 2015 – Spectral Edge has announced that it is enabling operators and set top box manufacturers to transform the TV viewing experience for the estimated 4% of the world’s population that suffers from colour-blindness. Spectral Edge will demonstrate its technology in STMicroelectronics’ private suite at IBC 2015.
News categories: Spectral Edge, STMicroelectronics, Christopher Cytera, Ismail Allalcha, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils DOCSIS 3.1 chipset
Aug 4, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the STiD325 (codenamed Barcelona), its DOCSIS 3.1 chipset for Broadband CPE2 Cable Modems, embedded Media Terminal Adapters (eMTAs), and Gateways, as well as for Video Gateways alongside a set-top-box chipset.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics reports 2Q 2015 results
Jul 23, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the second quarter and first half ended June 27, 2015. Second quarter net revenues totaled $1.76 billion, up 3.2% on a sequential basis. Year-over-year, net revenues decreased 5.6%.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Thomson, ST and Dolby demo Dolby AC-4 audio codec
Jul 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has partnered with Dolby and STMicroelectronics to demonstrate the first implementation of a complete encoding-decoding chain for HD and Ultra HD broadcast based on the new Dolby AC-4 audio codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Dolby, STMicroelectronics, Eric Gallier, Giles Baker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019