Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
Wyplay and ST disclose contribution to Canal+ 'Cube S' STB
Jun 30, 2015 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) have disclosed their contributions to the development of Canal+ 'Cube S' set-top-box unveiled on June 9th in Paris. The Cube S is a hybrid Internet and DTT set-top box.
News categories: Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Notton, Frédéric Vincent, Digital TV, France, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Keepixo tests HEVC encoder interoperability with STMicroelectronics' SoCs
Jun 16, 2015 – Keepixo has announced the successful completion of HEVC tests using Keepixo's Genova encoding solution running on STMicroelectronics' latest-generation Ultra-HD HEVC 10-bit STiH418 system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Keepixo, STMicroelectronics, Jérôme Blanc, Ismail Allalcha, Content Distribution, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics powers Skyworth satellite HD zapper STB
Jun 2, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC (STiH237) is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box. Cardiff is ST’s entry-level satellite set-top-box (STB) platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Skyworth, Eric Benoit, Darrell Haber, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ST home networking chipset receives MoCA 2.0 certification
May 27, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STiC2BB+STiC2PA home-networking reference design has received the MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) 2.0 interoperability certificate.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Thomas Meyer, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 First Quarter Financial Results
Apr 30, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 28, 2015. First quarter net revenues totaled $1.71 billion. On a year-over-year basis, first quarter revenues decreased 6.6%.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Albis shows ST-based OTT STB at TV Connect
Apr 23, 2015 – At TV Connect, Albis Technologies will demonstrate a solution designed to help service providers deliver OTT content. The solution features an STMicroelectronics STiH301 SoC at the heart of the SceneGate family of set-top boxes from Albis.
News categories: Albis Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Marcel Dind, Eric Benoit, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 7.9% in 2014
Apr 7, 2015 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $340.3 billion in 2014, a 7.9 percent increase from 2013 revenue of $315.4 billion, according to final results by Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 11.7 percent.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
Mar 26, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its DOCSIS 3.01 solutions at CCBN. ST serves the C-DOCSIS 3.0 market with its gateway System-On-Chip (SoC) Alicante family comprised of the STiD125/127/128.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Coship, Jiuzhou, Philippe Notton, Ken Wang, Yang Zhanbing, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation