Digital TV News: SUPER RTL
SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
May 17, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that it has been selected by Germany’s leading children’s broadcaster SUPER RTL for the relaunch of Kividoo, its SVOD service for youngsters aged 2-13 years.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
May 13, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that its HDTV platform, HD+, recorded 1,103,701 paying households on March 31, 2013. HD+ added 158,768 new customers in the first quarter of 2013, corresponding to an increase of its customer base of almost 17 percent.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SES: HD+ Passes One Million Paying Households
Feb 5, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ now exceeds one million paying households. For the full year of 2012, HD+ more than doubled the number of paying customers, from 404,123 to 944,993.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
HD PLUS and NAGRA partner on Internet TV launch
Jan 8, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS (Paris;LuxX: SESG) have announced the launch of an HD PLUS over-the-top catch-up service of private channels (Mediathek) called HD+ Replay, extending the companies' content protection partnership from satellite to Internet TV.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Satellite
HD+ records more than 750,000 paying households for the first time
Oct 31, 2012 – Almost three years after its launch, HD PLUS has reported that the company had more than three quarters of a million paying HD+ households at the end of September. HD+ gained over 127,000 new customers from July to September this year.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
HD+ increases number of paying households to 634,000
Jul 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of paying households using the HD+ service offered by its German affiliate HD PLUS reached 634,290 at 30 June 2012, with a record 120,000 new paying households added between April and June.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES: HD+ Reaches More Than 2.6 Million Households
May 10, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD+ platform reached more than 2.6 million households at the end of the first quarter of this year. Nearly three million HD+ receivers have been sold since the launch of HD+ at the end of 2009.
News categories: SES S.A, CAM, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA