Digital TV News: SURE Universal
Open Connectivity Foundation introduces Smart Home standard
Jan 2, 2020 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) has announced that products from BSC Computer, COMMAX, Haier, LG Electronics, Resideo, Samsung and SURE Universal will be showcased in completely interoperable smart home demonstrations at a press event in Las Vegas on January 6, 2020.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, Viktor Ariel, Jörg Hofmann, Woo Seok Byun, Guohuo Chen, I.P. Park, Scott Harkins, CES2020, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth and SURE Universal collaborate on IoT and voice assistance
Mar 26, 2019 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced an R&D collaboration working to develop IoT and voice assistant capabilities. Once a proof of concept has been completed, the technologies will be applied to Skyworth's set-top box products.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Steve Long, Dr. Viktor Ariel, China, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal turn the STB into a Smart Home gateway
Sep 13, 2018 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced a Smart Home IoT solution for Operators. The collaboration between the two companies transforms standard set-top box hardware into a comprehensive Smart Home solution.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Charlie Zheng, Viktor Ariel, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
Malawi looking for help to develop Digital TV Migration Technical Plan
Apr 12, 2011 – Malawi has issued an RFP regarding the design of an appropriate DTT network and structures, including options and recommendations for DVB-T2, for the migration from analogue to digital television broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malawi, Terrestrial
Whitehaven gets set to lead UK switchover
Oct 16, 2007 – The UK's television switchover starts tomorrow (Oct 17) when thousands of homes in Whitehaven, Cumbria, receive digital channels for the first time.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Government Digital Television site, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices