Digital TV News: Saankhya Labs
ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs to develop 5G broadcast offload platform
Jul 24, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs have partnered to accelerate the development of a 5G Next Generation Broadcast Offload platform. The platform will enable 4G and 5G wireless operators to offload OTT and live content dynamically on to broadcast DTT networks.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ONE Media, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, 5G, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, USA
Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
Mar 13, 2019 – Saankhya Labs has announced solutions for 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV (DTM). 5G Broadcast allows telcos to offload video traffic from their mobile network onto the 'cellularized' broadcast network. DTM enables mobile devices to receive terrestrial TV.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Parag Naik, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ONE Media and Saankhya show latest ATSC 3.0 demod ICs at CES2019
Jan 8, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (NASDAQ: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs in collaboration with VeriSilicon and Samsung Foundry have announced the successful launch of a multi-standard demodulator SoC supporting the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Saankhya Labs, Samsung, VeriSilicon, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, Hong Hao, Dr. Wayne Dai, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Korea, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs partner for ATSC 3.0 chipset development
Mar 28, 2017 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced an agreement with Saankhya Labs, a leader in the development of Cognitive Software Defined Radio (SDR) chips, to accelerate the development of ATSC 3.0 chipsets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Saankhya Labs, ONE Media, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, ATSC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA
Saankhya Labs Demonstrates DVB-T2/S2 at CES 2012
Jan 11, 2012 – Saankhya Labs has announced that at CES it is demonstrating DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 demodulation as well as trans-modulation capabilities on its SL1001 platform.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, CES2020, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Saankhya Labs launches TV demodulator IC
Nov 11, 2009 – Saankhya Labs, a fabless chip startup, has announced its Universal TV demodulator IC based on a Software Defined Radio (SDR) architecture, and targeted at world TV and PC-TV receiver markets.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers