Digital TV News: Samba TV
Samba TV and The Trade Desk extend partnership to Australia
Mar 17, 2020 – Samba TV and The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) have announced the expansion of their partnership to Australia. The integration of Samba TV’s data in The Trade Desk platform will provide Australian clients with cross screen planning and targeting capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, The Trade Desk, Dan Ackerman, James Bayes, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV
Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
Dec 5, 2019 – Samba TV has announced that it has expanded its integration with Moat by Oracle Data Cloud to measure viewability and invalid traffic across its CTV (Connected TV) impressions.
News categories: Samba TV, Oracle Moat, Marc Bourget, Mark Kopera, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Catalina and Samba TV partner to transform media and measurement landscape
Jun 4, 2019 – Catalina Marketing and Samba TV have partnered to integrate shopper behavioral data and video viewership insights. The pair will build analytics tools that improve media buying and selling across all marketing channels, including in-store, digital, mobile OTT and linear TV.
News categories: Samba TV, Catalina, Ashwin Navin, Howard Shimmel, Jerry Sokol, Dr. Wes Chaar, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
May 16, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies (ARRIS, Irdeto, DATV, Enensys, Fluendo, Samba TV and SmarDTV) have joined the industry association in the past six months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
Samba TV tune-in measurement now available in the Google Marketing Platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Samba TV has announced an integration that allows broadcasters, networks, and media companies to measure lift in TV tune-in based on advertising across the Google Marketing Platform. Samba TV’s methodology links cross-screen ad exposure to its multi-source TV dataset.
News categories: Samba TV, Google Marketing Platform, Ashwin Navin, Marie Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Reelgood and Samba TV partner to make smart TVs more personal
Jan 16, 2019 – With the goal of helping people spend less time searching, and more time watching, Reelgood and Samba TV have partnered to bring Reelgood’s streaming guide and Samba’s recommendation technology to more than 20 million Samba-enabled smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Reelgood, Ashwin Navin, David Sanderson,, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SpotX releases report on the state of video advertising on OTT
Feb 6, 2018 – SpotX has announced findings from study that found that 85% of leading pay TV providers, pure-play OTT providers, content owners, and advertisers believe leveraging third-party data is a strong driver for the adoption of audience-based buying and selling of ads on OTT.
News categories: SpotX, Kagan, Mike Shehan, Michelle Abraham, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Samba TV unveils audience targeting platform at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – Samba TV has introduced a self-serve platform enabling advertisers to use Samba’s data for discovering and activating TV audiences programmatically. Interactive demonstrations of the platform are the focus of the company’s exhibit at CES.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Emmanuel Marques, Advertising, Big Data, CES2021, Content Identification, USA
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding