Digital TV News: Sandvine
Live TV piracy a multi-billion dollar problem in North America
Nov 1, 2017 – Sandvine has released a report focusing on paid subscription television piracy services. The report reveals that 6.5% of households in North America are accessing pirated live television services each month, an adoption rate that may cost CSPs over $4 billion in revenue this year.
News categories: Sandvine, Lyn Cantor, Content Protection, Digital TV, North America
PeerLogix, Narrative I/O collaborate to provide real-time OTT data
Jun 1, 2017 – PeerLogix (OTC PINK: LOGX) has announced a partnership with Narrative I/O. The partnership will allow buyers in Narrative's marketplace to purchase PeerLogix' OTT engagement data from over 170 million households around the world.
News categories: PeerLogix, Narrative I/O, Ray Colwell, Bryan Everett, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
68.6% of N. American Kodi installations are configured for unlicensed content
May 4, 2017 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released a report on the 'fully-loaded' Kodi ecosystem in North America. The report examines the mechanics and economics of using Kodi to access unlicensed live and on-demand video content.
News categories: Sandvine, Don Bowman, Canada, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
North American homes average seven active connected devices
Aug 24, 2016 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released its latest Global Internet Phenomena Report Spotlight focusing on devices inside the connected home. The report is based on data from a small selection of Sandvine's fixed communications service provider (CSP) customers in North America.
News categories: Sandvine, Don Bowman, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
Sandvine keeps VMedia's subscribers and their streams safe
Jun 24, 2015 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has announced that VMedia is using Sandvine's Traffic Management and Network Security products to ensure a high quality of experience for their subscribers. VMedia provides TV, internet and phone services to subscribers in Ontario, Canada.
News categories: Sandvine, VMedia, Alexei Tchernobrivets, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.
Nov 20, 2014 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released its latest bi-annual Internet traffic trends report. Netflix continues to dominate North American networks, accounting for 34.9% of downstream traffic in the peak evening hours.
News categories: Sandvine, Dave Caputo, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Quickflix 'smart channel' delivers Hollywood on demand in Australia
Oct 27, 2011 – A movie streaming service, from Australian online movie rental subscription company Quickflix (ASX: QFX), will launch through Sony's range of connected BRAVIA TVs, Blu-ray players and home theatre systems from 27 October 2011.
News categories: Quickflix, Australia, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform