Digital TV News: SatLink
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SatLink and Pi Telecom to offer Cloud-based TV Everywhere platform
Sep 30, 2014 – SatLink Communications has announced a partnership with Pi Telecom. Through the partnership, SatLink is expanding into the IP delivery market by bringing the best of TV online through the launch of a new End-to-End (E2E) OTT Cloud-based platform.
News categories: SatLink Communications, Pi Telecom, David Hochner, Arie Aig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
SatLink launches Hot Bird DVB-S2 platform for HD in Europe
Apr 7, 2014 – SatLink Communications has announced the launch of a DVB-S2 platform on Eutelsat’s Hot Bird satellite. The service has been developed to meet the growing demand for HD content via satellite.
News categories: SatLink, David Hochner, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box