Digital TV News: Scott Mirer
Sony Electronics launches TVs with Netflix Calibrated Mode
Jul 31, 2018 – Sony has announced Netflix Calibrated Mode to ensure cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios.
News categories: Netflix, Sony Electronics, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Amazon rolls out Fire TV and Fire TV Stick software updates
Sep 6, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) is rolling out an over-the-air software update for its Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. After the update, customers will be able to use their voice to search for favorite content, find the best subscription deals, and see recommendations for popular programming.
News categories: Amazon, Netflix, Marc Whitten, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
LG to collaborate with Netflix on global expansion
Jan 6, 2016 – LG Electronics has announced that it has initiated a global partnership with Netflix to facilitate the expansion of Netflix's global on-demand Internet streaming operations beyond the Internet TV network's already established markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, Netflix, Brian Kwon, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nagra to show Netflix integration at IBC
Sep 7, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced completion of the first steps toward enabling pay-TV service providers to deploy Netflix using the NAGRA anyCAST CONNECT client and NAGRA OpenTV 5 connectware. The integration of Netflix will be demonstrated at IBC.
News categories: NAGRA, Netflix, Holger Ippach, Maurice van Riek, Scott Mirer, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan