Digital TV News: Scripps
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC 3.0, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
FreeWheel taps into screen-level Smart TV data from Inscape
Mar 19, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced an agreement with Inscape, the company with viewing data from more than 10 million VIZIO smart TVs in the U.S. FreeWheel is now able to use Inscape data for modeling representativeness for demographic and consumer audience segments used in the selling of national TV advertising campaigns.
News categories: FreeWheel, Inscape, Claudio Marcus, Jodie McAfee, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. 2018 TV and radio M&A deal volume highest since 2008
Jan 3, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadcast station mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume reached $4.31 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018. 2018 closed with an $8.87 billion deal volume, representing an increase of 8% over 2017.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, MnA, USA
Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
Dec 18, 2018 – Comscore has announced a groupwide agreement with The E.W. Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP), expanding its local market television measurement partnership across all Scripps television markets and stations.
News categories: Comscore, E.W. Scripps, Steve Walsh, Brian Lawlor, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
Nov 7, 2018 – TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2018. The Company continues to explore all possible strategic alternatives to maximize value for its shareholders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, http://bit.ly/2D9PLED, Big Data, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution