Digital TV News: Sean Doherty
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA, Worldwide
Waypoint TV selects Wurl video distribution and monetization services
Mar 3, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it is powering the delivery of Waypoint TV, a destination for fishing, hunting and outdoor enthusiasts, to Samsung TV Plus, with plans to expand to additional OTT streaming platforms in the future.
News categories: Wurl, Waypoint TV, Sean Doherty, Builder Brock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
Nov 14, 2019 – Wurl has announced that Hollywire is tapping Wurl's video distribution expertise to power the delivery of its linear 24-7 celebrity news channel across streaming platforms, including Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Wurl, Hollywire, Sean Doherty, Tony Moras, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, OTT, Smart TV
Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
Nov 6, 2019 – Wurl has made an agreement to deliver programming and advertising to Samsung's TV Plus streaming service in Europe. The Wurl Network currently delivers 125 live, linear and VOD channels to more than 50 million viewers in the U.S.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
Wurl launches cross-platform advertising service for Connected TV
Oct 2, 2019 – Wurl has announced the general availability of AdPool, an advertising marketplace enabling video producers to sell their CTV ad inventory to thousands of advertisers. The offering is free to video publishers and CTV platforms that are part of the Wurl Network.
News categories: Wurl, Javier Saralegui, Sean Doherty, Andrew Eisbrouch, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
Jan 16, 2019 – Wurl has launched AdSpring for Connected TVs. The cloud-based, turnkey server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution allows video producers to insert mid-roll ads into linear and VOD programming for distribution to any video service or device.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Wurl powers video programming on Samsung's TV Plus
Nov 5, 2018 – Wurl has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Samsung to power select programming on Samsung’s new TV Plus service. TV Plus is an Internet-based TV service delivering a bundle of live channels and on-demand content from multiple media brands.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Wurl partners with Zixi to move cable TV channels to the internet
Apr 23, 2017 – The Wurl TV Network and Zixi have announced a partnership to use Zixi’s streaming platform to distribute Wurl’s TV programming to cable and OTT video services.
News categories: Wurl TV, Zixi, Sean Doherty, Chris Noe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet