Digital TV News: Sean Lin
Mstar T12 UHD TV SoC incorporates Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio
Sep 15, 2017 – Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS and MStar Semiconductor have announced the availability of the MPEG-H TV Audio System decoder in MStar’s 4K mainstream TV system-on-chip (SOC) platform T12.
News categories: MStar Semi, Fraunhofer, Sean Lin, Harald Popp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar IC supports Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 V2
Aug 30, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and MStar have announced a solution to deliver immersive Dolby Atmos experiences to TV sets. MStar has made available the latest iteration of Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 on the first IC to support both MS12 v2.2 GA and Dolby Vision.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG and MStar support Eurofins' 4K HDR Ultra HD logo scheme
Jun 7, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that LG and MStar have committed to Eurofins’ 4K HDR Ultra HD logo scheme. The scheme identifies devices that have been fully tested and proven to deliver the highest picture quality currently available.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, LG Electronics, MStar Semi, Johan Craeybeckx, SY LEE, Sean Lin, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar adopts Dolby Vision for 4K Ultra HD TV SoCs
Oct 14, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) has announced a collaboration with MStar Semiconductor to add Dolby Vision to MStar's 4K Ultra HD SoCs for HDR TVs in 2016. Dolby has worked with Mstar to optimize Dolby Vision for integration into MStar's video processing engine.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mstar Semi first with HDMI 2.0 sink device certification
Aug 7, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced the certification of the first world-wide sink device under the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) Version 2.0 standard, which enables the support of 4K resolution at 60fps.
News categories: MStar Semi, Sean Lin, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria