Digital TV News: Service Electric
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
Jul 14, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has closed the acquisition of Service Electric. With the acquisition, Altice USA extends its footprint into neighboring communities in New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Service Electric, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Feb 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Service Electric Cablevision, serving internet, TV, phone residential and commercial services to Pennsylvania, has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, Scott Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Millicom to launch portfolio of TiVo television offerings
Aug 3, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2017. Millicom will launch the full portfolio of TiVo’s television offerings from low-cost one-way digital adapters to whole home gateway DVRs, to its customers in South and Central America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, USA
Service Electric Cable TV selects TiVo Gateway DVR solution
Aug 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) and Service Electric Cable TV, serving eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey, have announced that the companies will bring entertainment to Service Electric customers using the latest TiVo Gateway DVR solution.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, John M. Walson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Six more cable operators join SES Ultra HD trials
Feb 28, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that six more U.S. cable operators have joined its Ultra HD trials, while some of the first cable providers to participate are nearing the historic launch of consumer Ultra HD packages across the country.
News categories: SES S.A, KPU Telecommunications, GVTC, Shrewsbury Community Cable, Steve Corda, Jeff Hendrickson, Dennis Krumblis, Jeffrey Black, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic