Digital TV News: Shawn DuBravac
Record year ahead for U.S. consumer technology industry
Jan 4, 2017 – Increasing consumer enthusiasm for the Internet of Things (IoT) and adoption of emerging technology will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to $292 billion in retail revenues in 2017, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, VR
US 4K UHD display shipments to grow by 105% in 2016
Jul 18, 2016 – Broader adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) and enthusiasm for emerging technology will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to $286.6 billion in retail revenues in 2016, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Shawn DuBravac, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
U.S. CE industry revenues to reach all-time high in 2014
Jul 15, 2014 – Driven in part by the skyrocketing sales of connected devices, revenues for the consumer electronics (CE) industry are projected to grow two percent in 2014, reaching a record high of $211.3 billion, according to the CEA.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Shawn DuBravac, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
More than Half of US Households Own a Digital Television
Dec 28, 2007 – More than 50 percent of U.S. households now own a digital television (DTV), according to new research released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos