Digital TV News: Shawn DuBravac
Record year ahead for U.S. consumer technology industry
Jan 4, 2017 – Increasing consumer enthusiasm for the Internet of Things (IoT) and adoption of emerging technology will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to $292 billion in retail revenues in 2017, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2020, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, VR
US 4K UHD display shipments to grow by 105% in 2016
Jul 18, 2016 – Broader adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) and enthusiasm for emerging technology will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to $286.6 billion in retail revenues in 2016, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Shawn DuBravac, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
U.S. CE industry revenues to reach all-time high in 2014
Jul 15, 2014 – Driven in part by the skyrocketing sales of connected devices, revenues for the consumer electronics (CE) industry are projected to grow two percent in 2014, reaching a record high of $211.3 billion, according to the CEA.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Shawn DuBravac, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
More than Half of US Households Own a Digital Television
Dec 28, 2007 – More than 50 percent of U.S. households now own a digital television (DTV), according to new research released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA