Digital TV News: Simon Adams
Gracenote unveils Guide offering for streaming video services
Jan 2, 2020 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is leveraging its expertise powering linear broadcast EPGs to help on-demand video streaming services, Smart TV makers and traditional cable and satellite operators deliver next-gen content navigation, search and discovery capabilities.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Gracenote launches next-generation descriptive metadata solution
Jan 3, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the launch of its next-generation descriptive metadata solution making possible more contextually relevant and satisfying TV and movie discovery experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, Worldwide
Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
May 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a TV metadata and EPG solution from Gracenote which enables Smart TV and streaming device manufacturers that offer live TV streaming services to make their linear and on-demand content more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Rovi and Broadcom to enable HEVC playback across multiple screens
Jun 10, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to enable device manufacturers and service providers to utilize the benefits of High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC/H.265) to deliver an enhanced entertainment experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Broadcom, Media Player, Semiconductor
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Changhong Chooses Rovi's DivX for Integration in Digital TVs
Mar 21, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Changhong has selected DivX® video solutions for integration into its digital TVs. Changhong plans to add DivX Plus® HD Certification into TVs and support DivX Plus Streaming™ in its Smart TV line.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Changhong, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Software teams with Rovi for home networking TV software
Oct 29, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software has announced a collaboration with Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) to integrate Rovi's Connected Platform software for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capabilities into its Sunrise digital video broadcast (DVB) stack.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Rovi Corp, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service