Digital TV News: Simon Adams
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Gracenote launches next-generation descriptive metadata solution
Jan 3, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the launch of its next-generation descriptive metadata solution making possible more contextually relevant and satisfying TV and movie discovery experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, CES, Digital TV, Worldwide
Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
May 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a TV metadata and EPG solution from Gracenote which enables Smart TV and streaming device manufacturers that offer live TV streaming services to make their linear and on-demand content more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Rovi and Broadcom to enable HEVC playback across multiple screens
Jun 10, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to enable device manufacturers and service providers to utilize the benefits of High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC/H.265) to deliver an enhanced entertainment experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Broadcom, Media Player, Semiconductor
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Changhong Chooses Rovi's DivX for Integration in Digital TVs
Mar 21, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Changhong has selected DivX® video solutions for integration into its digital TVs. Changhong plans to add DivX Plus® HD Certification into TVs and support DivX Plus Streaming™ in its Smart TV line.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Changhong, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Software teams with Rovi for home networking TV software
Oct 29, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software has announced a collaboration with Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) to integrate Rovi's Connected Platform software for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capabilities into its Sunrise digital video broadcast (DVB) stack.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Rovi Corp, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos