Digital TV News: Singtel
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
Apr 27, 2017 – Malaysian OTT content player, Media Prima Television Networks (MPTN), has inked a strategic marketing partnership agreement with Singtel to bring its popular OTT streaming service, tonton, to Singapore.
News categories: Media Prima, Singtel, Datuk Kamal Khalid, Goh Seow Eng, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Singtel launches OTT video portal app
Jul 7, 2016 – Singtel has announced a way for consumers to enjoy their entertainment on-the-go with the launch of Cast, Singapore’s first OTT video portal app. Cast will offer thousands of hours of content from partners delivered over Singtel’s 4G network.
News categories: Singtel, Goh Seow Eng, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Singapore
Asia Pacific OTT TV & video revenues to triple
May 18, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues for the Asia Pacific region will reach $18,396 million in 2021; up from $707 million in 2010 and $5,741 million in 2015, according to Digital TV Research. China will overtake Japan in 2016 to become market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium