Digital TV News: Sisvel
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
Antik Technology Develops Set-top Box for Sisvel 3D Tile Format
Sep 27, 2011 – Sisvel Technology has announced a technical partnership with Antik Technology for the development of hardware supporting Sisvel's 3D Tile Format. The first of Antik's 3D Tile Format-enabled devices will be shown at Electronic Asia.
News categories: Sisvel, Antik, Digital TV, Set Top Box, VR
Sisvel Technology to Present 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World
Aug 16, 2011 – Giovanni Ballocca, digital television project manager at Sisvel Technology, will deliver a technical presentation of the company's 3D Tile Format at IBC's Connected World on the morning of September 11, 2011.
News categories: Sisvel, IBC2019, VR
Sisvel Technology and Utah Scientific to Demonstrate 2D-Compatible 3D Transmission at NAB
Apr 11, 2011 – At the 2011 NAB Show, Sisvel Technology (booth N4618) and Utah Scientific (booth N4511) will be demonstrating a new form of 3D broadcasting fully compatible with 2D television displays, allowing 3D and 2D viewing from a single broadcast stream.
News categories: Sisvel, Utah Scientific, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR
Piedmont, Italy, the World's First Region to Broadcast Backward Compatible 3D TV
Dec 1, 2010 – In Turin a news conference was held announcing the implementation, from Piedmont, of the first 3D HDTV broadcasts, free-to-air, with a system for backwards compatibility with 2D TV sets.
News categories: Sisvel, Quartarete TV, CSP Innovazione nelle ICT, Digital TV, Italy, VR
Sisvel to Create Patent Pool for DVB-C2
Oct 19, 2010 – Sisvel has announced that patent owners have asked Sisvel to act as the facilitator for the creation of a DVB-C2 joint patent licensing program. Accordingly, Sisvel issues a call for patents and patent applications essential to the DVB-C2 Standard.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, Licensing, Patent
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019