Digital TV News: Sky Deutschland
More and more Germans taking pay TV and VOD subscriptions
Jul 21, 2020 – According to VAUNET the number of pay-TV subscribers in Germany rose to 8 million in 2019 (2018: 7.8 million), with SVoD consumers numbering 13.4 million in the final quarter (Q4 2018: 6.9 mill.).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Katharina Behrends, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Tewes, Tim Werner, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
May 23, 2019 – One year after the launch of Sky Q by Sky Deutschland, the company has added a Sky Q Mini Box for multiroom viewing and expanded platform support for the Sky Q app, so that customers can enjoy their Sky programming on even more devices at home.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Julia Laukemann, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sky Deutschland selects Witbe for Ultra HD/4K STB video analysis
Sep 6, 2018 – Witbe has been selected by Sky Deutschland to automate the analysis and testing of their Sky set-top-boxes. Witbe Robots will support Sky to provide the best video Quality of Experience to its customers.
News categories: Witbe, Sky Deutschland, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Stefan Kastl, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
Jan 15, 2018 – As part of Sky’s ‘Better Sky’ programme, set up in 2016 to identify strategies and reliable partners to invest and take part in its growth strategy, Fincons Group has been named by Sky Deutschland as Preferred Supplier in their OTT Cluster.
News categories: Fincons Group, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
SES concludes capacity extension deal with Sky Deutschland
Sep 29, 2017 – Sky Deutschland subscribers will continue to enjoy TV via SES satellites following a multi-year capacity extension deal. Under the agreement, Sky Deutschland has renewed seven transponders at the orbital position of 19.2°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Germany, Satellite
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Switzerland
Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
Jul 21, 2017 – Sky Deutschland has chosen Yospace’s dynamic ad insertion platform to monetise live channels on Sky Go. The system allows addressable advertising to be served across Sky Deutschland’s suite of live sports coverage.
News categories: Yospace, Sky Deutschland, Tim Sewell, Boris Haug, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box