Digital TV News: Sky Deutschland
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
May 23, 2019 – One year after the launch of Sky Q by Sky Deutschland, the company has added a Sky Q Mini Box for multiroom viewing and expanded platform support for the Sky Q app, so that customers can enjoy their Sky programming on even more devices at home.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Julia Laukemann, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sky Deutschland selects Witbe for Ultra HD/4K STB video analysis
Sep 6, 2018 – Witbe has been selected by Sky Deutschland to automate the analysis and testing of their Sky set-top-boxes. Witbe Robots will support Sky to provide the best video Quality of Experience to its customers.
News categories: Witbe, Sky Deutschland, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Stefan Kastl, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
Jan 15, 2018 – As part of Sky’s ‘Better Sky’ programme, set up in 2016 to identify strategies and reliable partners to invest and take part in its growth strategy, Fincons Group has been named by Sky Deutschland as Preferred Supplier in their OTT Cluster.
News categories: Fincons Group, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
SES concludes capacity extension deal with Sky Deutschland
Sep 29, 2017 – Sky Deutschland subscribers will continue to enjoy TV via SES satellites following a multi-year capacity extension deal. Under the agreement, Sky Deutschland has renewed seven transponders at the orbital position of 19.2°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Germany, Satellite
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Switzerland
Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
Jul 21, 2017 – Sky Deutschland has chosen Yospace’s dynamic ad insertion platform to monetise live channels on Sky Go. The system allows addressable advertising to be served across Sky Deutschland’s suite of live sports coverage.
News categories: Yospace, Sky Deutschland, Tim Sewell, Boris Haug, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mobile, Satellite, UK
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023