Digital TV News: Sky New Zealand
Sky New Zealand completes purchase of Lightbox
Feb 3, 2020 – Sky has confirmed that it has completed the purchase of entertainment streaming service Lightbox from Spark. The deal enables Sky to merge Lightbox with its own Neon service, creating a super-charged service for New Zealand customers.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Sophie Moloney, Digital TV, MnA, New Zealand, OTT
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MnA, New Zealand, Satellite
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
SKY New Zealand to launch SVOD service
Jun 18, 2014 – New Zealand's SKY TV has announced that it will launch a stand-alone Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service before the end of 2014.
News categories: SKY Television, John Fellet, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
RSCC Picks Irdeto to Protect New Direct-to-Operator Satellite Services
Jan 31, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has selected Irdeto as a main provider of media protection solutions to secure the content of the commercial TV channels distributed via RSCC satellites.
News categories: Irdeto, RSCC, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019