Digital TV News: Skyworth Digital
Skyworth and SURE Universal collaborate on IoT and voice assistance
Mar 26, 2019 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced an R&D collaboration working to develop IoT and voice assistant capabilities. Once a proof of concept has been completed, the technologies will be applied to Skyworth's set-top box products.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Steve Long, Dr. Viktor Ariel, China, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, India, Set Top Box
Skyworth and SERAPHIC partner to deliver OpApp compliant STBs in Italy
Sep 14, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deliver OpApp (Operator Application) compliant STBs for Italian operator Tivùsat. The new products will be on the market in November, 2018.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Xinwen Xue, Celine Guo, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal turn the STB into a Smart Home gateway
Sep 13, 2018 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced a Smart Home IoT solution for Operators. The collaboration between the two companies transforms standard set-top box hardware into a comprehensive Smart Home solution.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Charlie Zheng, Viktor Ariel, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth deploys SERAPHIC-based HbbTV STBs in Croatia
Mar 30, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that Skyworth Digital has chosen to join hands with SERAPHIC again to deploy SERAPHIC’s HbbTV browser on set-top boxes shipped in Croatia. SERAPHIC provides a Blink-based HbbTV solution for smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Ye Wang, Celine Guo, Croatia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Skyworth and SERAPHIC move on to HbbTV 2 STBs for Europe
Sep 12, 2017 – Skyworth Digital has revealed that it will continue cooperation with SERAPHIC to deliver HbbTV 2 compliant, interactive STBs for the European market. Skyworth and SERAPHIC have been working together since 2015.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Ye Wang, Louis Fang, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
MaxLinear cable receiver IC adopted by Skyworth for China STB
Sep 5, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Skyworth is shipping a new smart cable gateway set-top box (STB) based on the MaxLinear MxL214C Full-Spectrum Capture cable front-end receiver.
News categories: MaxLinear, Skyworth, Will Torgerson, BaoCheng Chang, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient