Digital TV News: Skyworth
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
Oct 26, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Android TV Operator Tier with custom launcher for Mexican operator, izzi. The launch extends izzi’s pay TV service to Android TV hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Skyworth and Amlogic unveil RDK Video Accelerator reference STB
Sep 9, 2020 – Skyworth Digital has joined the RDK Video Accelerator program, and unveiled a reference OTT STB that comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
44.8 million Smart TVs to be shipped to China in 2020
Aug 27, 2020 – IDC estimates that 44.8 million smart TVs will be shipped to China in 2020 – down 4.4% on last year. However, IDC believes improvements in features will grow Smart TV consumption in the country.
News categories: IDC, Sophie Pan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Switzerland's AMB chooses ZATTOO for multiscreen IPTV service
Jul 16, 2020 – ZATTOO has announced that Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona (AMB) has chosen ZATTOO to deliver its next generation TV service. In combination with its FTTH products, AMB is launching a multiscreen IPTV service under the name WamboTV.
News categories: ZATTOO, Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona, Wambo, Julian Hens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020