Digital TV News: Skyworth
SKYWORTH brings the smart home to the big-screen
Mar 30, 2019 – SKYWORTH has announced a strategy to drive Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) to the big-screen and revolutionize smart home technology. SKYWORTH's AIoT ecosystem combines its Swaiot device interaction system and Q80 series TVs.
News categories: SKYWORTH, Tony Wang, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth and SURE Universal collaborate on IoT and voice assistance
Mar 26, 2019 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced an R&D collaboration working to develop IoT and voice assistant capabilities. Once a proof of concept has been completed, the technologies will be applied to Skyworth's set-top box products.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Steve Long, Dr. Viktor Ariel, China, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
SKYWORTH TV ranked 1st in China market for first two months of 2019
Mar 25, 2019 – According to an Aowei Cloud Network report on China's colour TV Market, SKYWORTH's retail sales amounted to 1.35 million units in the first two months of 2019, making it the best-seller in China among both domestic and international TV brands.
News categories: Skyworth, Tony Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
XMOS helps Skyworth create a voice-enabled, always-on AI TV
Oct 29, 2018 – Skyworth has joined forces with XMOS to develop the AI voice chip and remove the requirement for a TV remote control. The AI TV voice chip, based on an XMOS voice processor, delivers sound-source identification from up to 5 meters.
News categories: XMOS, Skyworth, Yu Jianwei, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, India, Set Top Box
Skyworth and SERAPHIC partner to deliver OpApp compliant STBs in Italy
Sep 14, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deliver OpApp (Operator Application) compliant STBs for Italian operator Tivùsat. The new products will be on the market in November, 2018.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Xinwen Xue, Celine Guo, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019