Digital TV News: SmarDTV
Conax, NexGuard and Kudelski Security show watermarking on a SmarDTV UHD gateway
Sep 8, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a cooperation with Civolution’s NexGuard to demonstrate forensic watermarking at IBC. The solution combines the capabilities of a SmarDTV UHD Gateway with Civolution’s NexGuard watermarking and the anti-piracy services of Kudelski Security.
News categories: Conax, NexGuard, Kudelski Security, SmarDTV, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Philippe Plantevin, Christophe Nicolas, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VTVCab, SmarDTV and Samsung deploy Conax-certified CAM in Vietnam
Jul 20, 2015 – VTVCab, SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will bring to market a solution to provide access to VTVCab Pay TV services in Vietnam. VTVCab subscribers will then be able to enjoy content on their Samsung Cable TV model without using a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, Samsung, VTVCab, Conax, Gregory Laloy, My Nguyen, Nam Bui, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Vietnam
SmarDTV Wi-Fi enabled CAM selected by Mediaset Premium
Jul 7, 2015 – Mediaset Premium and SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the successful commercial launch of the first CI Plus Wi-Fi CAM offering both Mediaset Premium broadcast services and Mediaset Premium Play broadband services in one single module.
News categories: SmarDTV, Mediaset Premium, Eric Chaubert, Franco Ricci, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Nigeria's CONSAT to offer CAMs from SmarDTV
Jun 30, 2015 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Continental Satellite (CONSAT) in Nigeria will enhance its DTH service with SmarDTV conditional access modules. CONSAT TV will soon be available to any owner of an IDTV with a CI+ interface.
News categories: SmarDTV, CONSAT, Jerome Vial, Mayokun Okunola, CAM, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Smart TV
SmarDTV launches INSTANT ACCESS CA modules with Conax
Jun 8, 2015 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the commercial availability of a range of INSTANT ACCESS CAM products with Conax security. The CAMs are designed to expedite subscriber acquisition by providing a means for subscribers to instantly access pay-TV services.
News categories: SmarDTV, Conax, Franz Maier, Thomas Blichfeldt, ANGA COM, CAM, Worldwide
EchoStar and NAGRA make SmarDTV into a joint venture
Mar 31, 2015 – Kudelski (SIX: KUD.S) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar will become a shareholder in SmarDTV. EchoStar's operations in Steeton, U.K. and Madrid, Spain will be transferred to SmarDTV.
News categories: Kudelski, EchoStar, SmarDTV, André Kudelski, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Spain, UK, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
Oct 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 27, 2014. ST's third quarter net revenues increased 1.2% on a sequential basis to $1.89 billion, down 6.3% on a year-over-year basis.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nagra enables hybrid OTT and DTT service for Vodafone Spain
Oct 13, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX: KUD.S) has announced that its QuickStart Hybrid solution is enabling a combined over-the-top (OTT) and digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering for Vodafone España.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Isaac Mendoza, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more