Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Ruutu HbbTV 1.5 online video service launched in Finland
Aug 13, 2015 – A collaboration between Nelonen Media, Digita and Sofia Digital has brought the online video service 'Ruutu' to the Finnish terrestrial TV network. Viewers tuned to the Digita network with an HbbTV 1.5 activated receiver have been able to use the service since June 24th.
News categories: Nelonen Media, Digita, Sofia Digital, Ruutu, Kai Taka-Aho, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Terrestrial
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
Levira launches HbbTV service in Estonia
Mar 13, 2015 – Estonian digital television operator Levira has started hybrid-TV services on their Freeview “TasutaTV” terrestrial TV platform. The hybrid services and platform have been developed together with Sofia Digital.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Levira, Ari Pöyhtäri, Mart Einpalu, Digital TV, Estonia, HbbTV, Terrestrial
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by Vodafone Iceland
May 20, 2014 – Cubiware and Sofia Digital, its Value Added Reseller, have announced the signing of a middleware licensing agreement with Vodafone Iceland. The agreement licenses the operator to deploy CubiTV on Vodafone Iceland set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Sofia Digital, Vodafone, Mika Kanerva, Maciej Grzonkowski, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC2019, Mobile
Point-of-Sale on a Mobile TV Channel
Sep 4, 2007 – Sofia Digital, together with Openbit, have released a solution which offers mobile TV channels immediate new business - a value-chain with which digital content, such as games and smart phone software can be sold via mobile TV channel. The content distributed is protected with a DRM solution and payment methods are already established world-wide.
News categories: DRM, IBC2019, Mobile
S3, Sofia Digital and O2 collaborate to implement platform independent Mobile TV applications
Sep 3, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) and Sofia Digital have announced the delivery of a proof-of-concept Java Mobile TV client to O2 based on the proposed JSR 272 Mobile Broadcast Standard. The solution will be demonstrated later this week at IBC.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Mobile
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs