Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
SeaChange OCAP™ RI-Based Software Selected for Panasonic tru2way® Set-Top Box
Jun 13, 2011 – Panasonic has selected SeaChange's (NASDAQ: SEAC) VividLogic tru2way® software stack for its tru2way set-top box for the North American cable market. The Companies will demonstrate the OCAP™ Reference Implementation solution at The Cable Show.
News categories: SeaChange, Panasonic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, USA
Renesas Mobile Application Processor Becomes World's First DivX Plus™ HD System-on-Chip
Feb 16, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that Renesas Mobile's full-HD capable application processor SH-Mobile MT1 (SH73704) is the world's first mobile system-on-chip (SoC) to be awarded DivX Plus™ HD Certification.
News categories: DivX, Renesas Mobile, Media Player, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
DivX and Freescale Collaborate to Support DivX TV™ and Drive DivX HD™ Playback Adoption
Feb 15, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an expanded collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to adopt DivX HD™ technology across multiple platforms and support DivX TV™ on its chipsets.
News categories: Freescale, DivX, Media Player, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
Sonic Digital Entertainment Platform and Technologies to Propel Intel Insider Launch
Jan 5, 2011 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that its RoxioNow™ entertainment platform and related technologies were selected by Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) for Intel® Insider™ support.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Intel Corp, CES, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
Intel Brings 'Eye Candy' to Masses with Newest Laptop, PC Chips
Jan 5, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has introduced its 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family at CES 2011. New features include Intel® Insider™, Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company's award-winning Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi).
News categories: Intel Corp, CES, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
ViXS Announces Support for RoxioNow on XCode® 4210
Jan 5, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced support for the RoxioNow® entertainment platform from Sonic Solutions. Support for RoxioNow on ViXS platforms as a pre-integrated solution can significantly reduce the time-to-market for our OEM customers.
News categories: ViXS, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
DivX Continues to Expand DivX Plus™ HD Certification on Broadcom® Platforms; Demonstrates Support for DivX TV™
Jan 4, 2011 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced its first DivX Plus™ HD Certified chip for set-top boxes (STBs) with Broadcom's BCM7208 HD IP STB system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution. In addition, Broadcom has certified its latest BCM35230 connected DTV platform.
News categories: DivX, Broadcom, CES, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
Rovi Corporation Enters Definitive Agreement to Acquire Sonic Solutions
Dec 22, 2010 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC) have announced that the two companies have signed a definitive agreement for Rovi to acquire Sonic in a stock and cash transaction.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, Middleware, MnA, OTT, Smart Home
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ