Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
DivX TV™ Launches on LG Consumer Electronics
Dec 8, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the launch of DivX TV™, the company's comprehensive entertainment service that enables retailers and consumer electronics manufacturers to bring a broad range of web-based content to home and mobile electronics.
News categories: DivX, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cineplex Entertainment Launches Digital Download Service via Cineplex.com
Nov 18, 2010 – Cineplex Entertainment (TSX:CGX.UN) has announced that movies can be digitally downloaded into Canadian homes with Download To Own (DTO) and Video on Demand (VoD) services now available at the Cineplex online store.
News categories: Cineplex, Sonic Solutions, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Canada, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
DivX Expands Presence in China through Partnership with Konka
Nov 4, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Konka (SHE: 200016.SZ) have announced a new partnership in which Konka will integrate DivX® technology into its line of 2010 digital TVs (DTVs).
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Media Player, Smart TV
Dolby Collaborates with Sonic to Bring Dolby Digital Plus to RoxioNow
Nov 3, 2010 – Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ:SNIC) and Dolby Labs. (NYSE:DLB) have announced a collaboration to deliver Dolby® Digital Plus through the RoxioNow™ entertainment platform.
News categories: Dolby, Sonic Solutions, OTT
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
DivX Announces First Digital TV Chip with DivX Plus™ HD Certification from MStar
Oct 26, 2010 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the DivX Plus™ HD Certification of the latest range of MStar Semiconductor digital TV chips. This is the first MStar DTV chip certified to power DivX Plus HD video based on H.264 technology and using the MKV container.
News categories: MStar Semi, DivX, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Haier Selects Sonic for Digital Movie Delivery
Jul 13, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Haier has chosen the RoxioNow™ platform to provide its customers convenient, trouble-free access to a broad library of Hollywood entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Haier, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV