Digital TV News: Southtel
South Africa to have satellite VOD service
May 9, 2011 – Southtel is to launch a satellite delivered video-on-demand service in South Africa this September. The service, called VOD:TV, has been developed in collaboration with Logiways, and will use set-top boxes from TechnoTrend Görler.
News categories: Logiways, Southtel, TechnoTrend, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
- Amino Launches 'Operation Upcycle'
- U.S. legacy multichannel subscriptions remain under pressure
- Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~305,000 subscribers in 1Q 2018
- Syncbak launches SBTV OTT platform for local broadcasters
- Amazon dominates U.S. Direct-to-Consumer TV network subscriptions
- Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
- PeerLogix OTT data now available through leading demand-side platform
- BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
- Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023