Digital TV News: Spacecom
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
Sep 14, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that ViewMedia will launch a digital broadcast platform on AMOS-17 located at 17°E. The platform will provide DVB-S2 broadcast services to West Africa for a primarily Francophone audience.
News categories: Spacecom, ViewMedia, Ido Ginsburg, Safia Rana, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2020, Satellite
AMOS-17 successfully launched
Aug 7, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has confirmed the successful launch of its AMOS-17 satellite en route to its 17°E orbital position. AMOS-17 has C-Band HTS, Ka-band and Ku-band capabilities. During the next weeks, the satellite will begin its testing processes in orbit.
News categories: Spacecom, David Pollack, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AMOS-7 communication satellite begins operation
Feb 27, 2017 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-7 communications satellite is now providing a wide range of television and data communication services from its 4°W ‘hot-spot’ orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, Jacob Keret, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Nepal's DishHome adds capacity on AMOS-4
Mar 2, 2016 – Spacecom has announced that Nepal's Dish Media Network has entered into another long-term contract adding more capacity to its current capacity on AMOS-4.
News categories: Spacecom, Dish Media Network, David Pollack, Sudeep Acharya, Content Distribution, Nepal, Satellite
Nigeria's ConSat TV DTH chooses AMOS-5 at 17°E
Feb 10, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite at the 17°E prime orbital position has been chosen to transmit ConSat TV (Continental Satellite), a DTH provider in Nigeria.
News categories: Spacecom, ConSat TV, Eitan Mesika, Mayo Okunola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
Jan 26, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite has won a multi-year contract to transmit ACTV (African Cable TV), Nigeria's newest Pay TV platform, from its 17°E orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, African Cable Television, Eitan Mesika, Godfrey Okreh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Eutelsat and Spacecom create unified DTH neighbourhood for Africa at 16-17°E
Nov 19, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and Spacecom (TASE:SCC) have announced an agreement to establish a framework for cross-commercialisation of capacity covering Africa on Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 16A satellite at 16°E and Spacecom’s AMOS-5 satellite at 17°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Spacecom, Rodney Benn, Amir Carmeli, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Spacecom to Provide Satellite Capacity for New Ukrainian DTH service Xtra TV
Aug 2, 2011 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it has been contracted by a new Ukrainian direct-to-home television broadcaster to beam programming from Spacecom's Amos-3 satellite at 4° west in a multiyear agreement valued at up to $19 million.
News categories: Spacecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats