Digital TV News: SpotX
SpotX makes strategic investment in SpringServe
Jul 20, 2020 – SpotX has invested in SpringServe, an ad serving platform for OTT and connected TV. The companies will together provide advanced video advertising capabilities, while connecting customers to the advertiser ecosystem.
News categories: SpotX, SpringServe, Sean Buckley, Joseph Hirsch, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
SpotX finds 80% of CTV viewers watch ad-supported content
Jul 15, 2020 – SpotX has released a global connected TV (CTV) viewership report. SpotX, in partnership with Mintel, surveyed consumers to identify viewing habits, as well as how receptive they are to ads.
News categories: SpotX, Mintel, Sean Buckley, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, USA
SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
May 21, 2020 – SpotX has expanded its Measurement and Attribution Suite. By uncovering audience reach metrics like brand lift, incremental reach and frequency, and outcome-based measurement, advertisers can more accurately pinpoint value across all video channels.
News categories: SpotX, Kristen Williams, Patrick Doyle, Michael Parent, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
SpotX teams up with Pluto TV for Latin America
May 13, 2020 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Pluto TV. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will be a programmatic partner working with Pluto TV to power the video monetization of its content across several countries in Latin America.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Ryan Kenney, Felipe Cortelezzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Beachfront introduces Pod Bidding for Connected TV advertising
Apr 30, 2020 – Beachfront is introducing Pod Bidding for CTV advertising. Beachfront's Pod Bidding is designed to help video publishers construct and auction ad pods ['ad break'-style sequences of ads] while fully supporting de-duplication and competitive separation.
News categories: Beachfront, Frank Sinton, Ben Abbatiello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
Dec 11, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with SpotX to power the monetization of TiVo+ and TiVo's connected TV (CTV) ad inventory. As TiVo's supply-side platform (SSP), SpotX will help programmatically manage, sell, and optimize the inventory.
News categories: SpotX, TiVo, Geoff Spence, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
StackAdapt and SpotX partner for Connected TV in Canada
Nov 25, 2019 – StackAdapt and SpotX have announced a partnership focused on Connected TV (CTV) inventory and audiences, enabling advertisers to reach Canadian viewers of OTT content. Advertisers working with StackAdapt can now access premium inventory from more than 600 media owners.
News categories: SpotX, StackAdapt, Kelly McMahon, Michael Shang, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
Oct 18, 2019 – Xandr has added clypd to its portfolio of products and services. As part of the Xandr family, clypd will accelerate converged buying and selling across addressable TV, data-driven linear TV, mobile, and OTT channels on streaming video services.
News categories: Xandr, clypd, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers