Digital TV News: Stéphane Richard
Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
Feb 20, 2019 – Samsung has announced a range of 5G operator partnerships in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK that will see the rollout of Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G, the first true 5G smartphone, across Europe this summer.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, 5G, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, UK
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
Orange unveils entity to strengthen its presence in content
Jul 11, 2017 – Orange has announced the creation of Orange Content, an entity to strengthen the presence of Orange in the field of content. Its mission is to drive the Group’s strategy in content and to act as a support for all the countries where the Group is present.
News categories: Orange, Stéphane Richard, David Kessler, Serge Laroye, Digital TV, France, Worldwide
Orange unveils its new Livebox
Mar 16, 2016 – Orange has announced the launch of its new Livebox. The New Livebox from Orange features optimized speed for both ADSL and Fibre. Orange also announced Livebox Storage with a 1TB hard disk and a new Ultra HD Decoder set-top box.
News categories: Orange, Stéphane Richard, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Orange TV Stick powered by Espial HTML5 client
Apr 29, 2015 – Espial has announced that Orange has launched a consumer streaming device called Orange TV Stick based on Espial's HTML5 Client software. Orange’s new platform provides European consumers with a rich set of video services.
News categories: Espial, Orange, Jaison Dolvane, Martin Conan, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA