Digital TV News: Stéphane Téral
5G trials in full swing with 12% of operators moving to deployment this year
Aug 20, 2018 – Eighty-two percent of mobile operators participating in a 5G study conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) are busy trialing and testing the technology, mainly in North America and Asia, with 12 percent -- all from North America -- planning commercial 5G rollouts by year’s end.
News categories: IHS Markit, Stéphane Téral, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Customer experience is top digital transformation project for telcos
May 15, 2018 – As subscriber growth hits the brakes, telecom service providers are increasingly turning their attention to providing the best customer experience to minimize churn. IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) has found that 75% of service provider respondents say that enhancing customer experience is their top digital transformation project.
News categories: IHS Markit, Stéphane Téral, Market Research, Worldwide
Telecom revenue growth muted in 2017
Dec 20, 2017 – Despite unabated network usage, global telecom revenue is on track to grow just 1.1 percent in 2017 over the prior year, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Global economic growth prospects, meanwhile, are looking up.
News categories: IHS Markit, Stéphane Téral, Michael Howard, Big Data, Market Research, Worldwide
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets