Digital TV News: Steeve Huin
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Vestel launch TVs with integrated broadcast pay TV capabilities
Sep 15, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Vestel to securely deliver premium content direct to Vestel’s 4K TVs. The collaboration sees the first implementation of Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution which allows consumers to access premium pay TV services through their TV without the need for a separate set-top box.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Harmonic team up to support CSA3 scrambling
Jan 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it is working with Harmonic to provide the world’s first integrated and proven Common Scrambling Algorithm v3 (CSA3) solution. This next-generation encryption technology enables pay TV operators to securely launch advanced formats like 4K UHD.
News categories: Irdeto, Harmonic, Steeve Huin, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Irdeto offers integrated security to the Frog by Wyplay community
Jan 3, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a new licensing agreement with Wyplay. Through the partnership, Irdeto and Wyplay will offer an integrated advanced middleware and security solution for broadcast, hybrid and OTT deployments.
News categories: Irdeto, Wyplay, Steeve Huin, Dominique Feral, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar and Irdeto partner to secure Android for pay TV
Sep 8, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor and Irdeto have announced a partnership to enable the secure delivery of premium content to Android set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Wayne Tsai, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
ALi to provide Irdeto-certified STB chipsets
May 26, 2016 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Irdeto, achieving certification to integrate Irdeto's security solutions on its latest generation chipset offerings.
News categories: ALi Corp, Irdeto, Daniel Huang, Steeve Huin, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board