Digital TV News: Steve Kim
Goke Microelectronics licenses Chips&Media video codec IP
Oct 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced a partnership with Goke Microelectronics, a Chinese SoC provider. The partnership combines the strengths of two industry leaders to deliver multimedia SoCs for consumer and industrial applications.
News categories: Chips&Media, Goke Micro, Steve Kim, Jeffery Jiang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
Mar 25, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced that RDA Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard codec core into its new family of SoC designs, which is available on the market.
News categories: Chips&Media, RDA Microelectronics, Steve Kim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region