Digital TV News: Steve Kim
Goke Microelectronics licenses Chips&Media video codec IP
Oct 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced a partnership with Goke Microelectronics, a Chinese SoC provider. The partnership combines the strengths of two industry leaders to deliver multimedia SoCs for consumer and industrial applications.
News categories: Chips&Media, Goke Micro, Steve Kim, Jeffery Jiang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
Mar 25, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced that RDA Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard codec core into its new family of SoC designs, which is available on the market.
News categories: Chips&Media, RDA Microelectronics, Steve Kim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv