Digital TV News: Steve Kim
Goke Microelectronics licenses Chips&Media video codec IP
Oct 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced a partnership with Goke Microelectronics, a Chinese SoC provider. The partnership combines the strengths of two industry leaders to deliver multimedia SoCs for consumer and industrial applications.
News categories: Chips&Media, Goke Micro, Steve Kim, Jeffery Jiang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
Mar 25, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced that RDA Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard codec core into its new family of SoC designs, which is available on the market.
News categories: Chips&Media, RDA Microelectronics, Steve Kim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019