Digital TV News: Steve Koenig
CTA expects record-breaking year for U.S. consumer technology in 2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Artificial intelligence and fast connectivity will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to a record-breaking $398 billion in retail revenues in 2019 and 3.9% year-on-year growth, according to the CTA.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, CES2019, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
US consumer technology sales to reach record $377 billion in 2018
Jul 31, 2018 – AI, voice-recognition and fast connectivity – critical ingredients for smart speakers, smart home technologies and smartphones – will help spur overall U.S. consumer technology industry revenue to $377 billion in retail revenues in 2018, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Rick Kowalski, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Smart Home, USA
Number of US streaming video viewers exceeds pay TV subscribers
Mar 7, 2017 – For the first time ever, the percentage of free or paid streaming video subscribers in the U.S. (68%) has caught up to the number of paid TV subscribers (67%), according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steve Koenig, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
2016 a banner year for U.S. 4K UHD TV sales
Nov 9, 2016 – Q4 shipments of 4K Ultra HD televisions in the United States are expected to reach 4.5 million units, driving total 4K UHD sales for 2016 to 10 million units, the CTA has announced.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shaprio, Steve Koenig, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
U.S. CE industry revenues to reach all-time high in 2014
Jul 15, 2014 – Driven in part by the skyrocketing sales of connected devices, revenues for the consumer electronics (CE) industry are projected to grow two percent in 2014, reaching a record high of $211.3 billion, according to the CEA.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Shawn DuBravac, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Consumer Tech Revenues Will Reach Record High in 2011, According to CEA
Jan 6, 2011 – The consumer electronics (CE) industry will reach a new industry peak in 2011, with revenues exceeding $186 billion, according to the semi-annual industry forecast released today by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2019, Market Research, USA
U.S. CE Industry To Surpass $174 Billion In 2010, Reach Record High By 2011
Jul 22, 2010 – The U.S. consumer electronics industry will exceed initial revenue projections for 2010, the CEA has announced. Shipments of 3D displays will increase to 2.1 million this year, doubling the original forecast in January.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, USA, VR
Consumer Electronics Industry Issues 2009 Forecast
Jan 8, 2009 – The consumer electronics industry is projected to generate $171 billion in U.S. shipment revenues in 2009, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). The primary revenue driver for the industry continues to be digital TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Blu-ray, CES2019, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Blockgraph secure data sharing initiative adds industry partners
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda